Monday, December 17, 2007


There was a flurry of activity in the garden this morning. After having a chaffinch here a couple of months ago with trichomoniasis, I took the feeders down and cleaned them; and I've only just got around to refilling them.

Reward: blue, great, long-tailed and coal tits, blackcap, chaffinch, dunnock, robin, blackbird (although he was probably after the few remaining holly berries) and a nuthatch. There was also a wren, which seemed to pop up on the wall just to see what all the fuss was about, and a firecrest.

Yesterday, Greger surprised me by suggesting a drive west to see the short-eared owls again. It was only halfway along the motorway that I recalled he'd promised to do a bit of DIY at home. The cunning of man surpasseth the wit of woman. Sometimes.

Comments:
Christine, also a Short-eared Owl has been reported from Dorney Lake on Sunday 16th afternoon.
 
Hi Christine and Merry christmas if its not too early. Think I need a free pass to your garden if I'm ever going to see Fircrest!! I too had a minor flurry of activity in the garden last week. A male Blackcap and 50 plus Redwing all around Lent Rise school. I also had a Blackcap mid November in an area of scrub just up the rd from the Blackwood Arms at Littleworth common. Only got to Dorney once recently, absolutley nothing seen.
cheers Dave Cleal
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?