Thursday, May 28, 2009


Dorney Wetlands, Berkshire

An evening walk brought lots of painted ladies. Zooming in on them made me aware of the richness of the grasslands here, with clover and vetches adding splashes of colour - I hope they don't mow it!


Many of the butterflies were "round the back" by the sewage farm entrance.

If the wetlands have become disappointing from a wader point of view, the plantations and shelterbelts must be good news for small birds. Several blackcaps and whitethroats were singing and I saw two chiffchaffs in my short walk; but there was no sign of the garden warbler I got a glimpse of two days ago.



At least three butterflies were cavorting in the garden of the Pineapple - this one, not in tiptop condition, perching on the seat and waiting perhaps for a pint of best nectar.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?