Tuesday, September 29, 2009


Jubilee River

Having supplied a couple of lads on bikes with my entire stock of tissues after one of them cut his hand on the boardwalk (doubtless while up to no good) I enjoyed a quiet half-hour watching a snipe feeding along the edge of an island on Dorney Wetlands.


Walking back to the car park I was lucky enough to be passing when a Cetti's warbler burst into song from the river bank.

Something large was making its way through the reeds. I never saw what it was at the time, although later I would hear and see the same disturbance and discover it to be a mink.

I suppose I shouldn't be pleased, but it did have the effect of flushing the Cetti's for a few brief moments into the open.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?