Monday, June 21, 2010


Burnham Beeches

A flying visit to the boardwalk this morning produced no adders. P'raps there were too many people wandering along it saying loudly to each other "Well, I can't see any adders!" This obliging dragonfly is probably a Keeled Skimmer.


Dorney Wetlands

An evening walk found the wetlands very still and warm, with a sinking water level.

I thought I heard a green sandpiper calling as I passed the boardwalk. A little ringed plover and a drake teal were on East Marsh.

Down towards the weir, the lovely call of a green sandpiper rang out again and two birds flew past me and landed on the next island.

It seemed strange to hear this call at the same time as the "cuckoo" fluting out from the sewage farm.

A hobby was hunting.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?