Thursday, June 03, 2010


Taplow

Our blue tit babies must have left the nest-box early yesterday morning, before we had opened the curtains. I went for a walk round the village late afternoon and saw three different families, so no doubt one was "ours". I also saw long-tailed tit fledglings.

This morning, two nuthatches were feeding on the peanuts, and some "si-si-si" noises from the depths of the holly tree suggested that young were also present. This Early Bumblebee was on the scabious.

As I passed through the sitting-room yesterday evening where Greger had just switched on the TV, a glimpse of Jeremy Clarkson must have made me pull a face because Greger said, rather defensively " I'm watching an old Top Gear while I wait for Springwatch." There's diplomacy for you.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?