Saturday, July 09, 2011


Proof that you can move around in a crop without leaving a track....

.....for those who believe crop circles are made by little green men. Silly-billies! They're obviously made by deer.

The annoying thing today was that we did a 12-kilometre walk across the West Berks/Oxfordshire downs only to find the best wildlife at the end, within a kilometre of the car park.

I suppose I'd look this cross if I were trying to lay eggs and some daft woman was taking pictures of me......

.....trouble was, I didn't have my glasses; and I thought it was some sort of hawk-moth with a bright green tail. When I got home and enlarged the pictures on the computer I nearly fell off the chair with shock. It's my first Hummingbird Hawk-moth, laying batches of eggs along the margin of a wheat-field.

Meanwhile quails were singing from the wheat, and further out there were at least two yellow wagtails.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?