Monday, November 21, 2011


I was walking back along the Jubilee River this evening when I caught sight of something black slide into a shallow gully. Then this little face peered at me through the grass. I suppose it was the black tip of a stoat's tail that caught my eye, and I think the animal was also rather large for a weasel. Anyway, it made a change from a mink.

The little egret was a vision of pure white loveliness (you'll have to take my word for that!) but what was really pleasing was the sight of a stonechat just behind it, perching briefly on the post and flying down to the island to forage. I'm pretty sure there were still two, although it was difficult to tell with just bins and in fading light.

Two Cetti's warblers were heard in song, and a kingfisher flew upstream.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?