Friday, November 25, 2011


Titchwell recalled

Still thinking of Wednesday - a great day out. This photo of pintail ducks is a reminder that I should snap females more often as I'm not always sure of their identity when the more distinctive males are not around.

It was nice seeing this single spotted redshank on the way out to the beach.

But seeing six together on the way back was a delight. I'm always surprised (probably because of close scrutiny of single birds through the scope) at how small most waders really are; a point emphasised on this occasion by their close proximity to teal (hardly the giants of the duck world).

I've decided that my redpoll was a common (or mealy - I wish they'd make up their minds for once and for all about its name) redpoll. As I don't actually keep a life list, I've nowhere to tick it; and in any case no ticking of a list can compare with the excitement of glimpsing the bird and knowing it was something different. Wish I could go back and see it again!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?