Thursday, February 09, 2012


Dorney

A couple of Siberian chiffchaffs had been reported along Roundmoor Ditch, so I decided to twitch them this afternoon. And a blooming cold afternoon it was, too.

I couldn't resist snapping a Cetti's warbler yet again at the bend in the stream.


In low branches just beyond the second reed-bed, with two yellowish chiffchaffs for comparison, a greyish bird with white underparts was foraging. (NB should be grey-brown, not cold grey.)

However, I snapped away at whatever moved and don't necessarily claim these particular photos show the Sibe.




My first kingfisher of the year, flying parallel with the stream towards the road, was a bonus. But I had no luck with bearded tits on the walk back to the car park.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?