Friday, March 23, 2012


I spent the morning of this warm sunny day gardening, seeing a Red-tailed Bumblebee and loads of ladybirds.

A walk early evening brought a lapwing hovering around a redshank as though it wanted to chase it off but couldn't be bothered.

The Cetti's warbler was pottering about, in and out of the dried whitened stems.

Sometimes when he emerges he strikes me as being slightly absent-minded.

"Now what did I come out here for?"

A water rail that I hadn't noticed slipped away into the undergrowth; but evidently deciding I was harmless, left the shadowy banks and treated me to fabulous views as it foraged along the waterline.



Two chiffchaffs were seen which might have been new arrivals. Dunno. How do you tell?!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?