Tuesday, July 31, 2012


Greger having gone off on one of his route marches this glum evening, I walked through Dorney Wetlands to the flood on the common. It's very difficult to view this flood (or at least most of it) without being seen; and when I eventually walked out from the shelter of the hedge an unnoticed common sandpiper took off from the water's edge. A green sandpiper was the next sighting as the wader foraged close by.


Eventually it realised I was there and flew off calling up the flood. The sandpiper stood bobbing on the far side of the water and I struck off across the common. After a while I heard it call again and I turned to see it tower up into the sky and head off across the wetlands towards the farm.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?