Wednesday, December 19, 2012


Dorney Wetlands

I parked at Lake End Road and walked downstream to the weir. A green sandpiper was out on the flood and a great crested grebe was fishing with some success in the Roundmoor Ditch. Two Cetti's warblers were singing and two yellowish chiffchaffs and a female blackcap were seen low down near the water. Pied wagtails and meadow pipits were feeding between the floods on the common.

On the way back I saw dumpy shapes in the alders near the red bridge, which said "waxwing" despite the fact that in the glum light they were little more than silhouettes.



I had time to spare today and could have stayed longer, but I reasoned that while the birds are up in the alders they are not feeding.  So I left. A nice Dorney tick on my birthday.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?