Tuesday, March 05, 2013


Having dropped Greger at the railway station I sped off to Dorney on a bright morning with the sun already putting paid to a slight frost.

Between the car park and the weir I heard four or five (I lost count) Cetti's warblers singing, and saw six male reed buntings, four of them singing. 

A small wader landing on the tip of an island on East Marsh turned out to be a common sandpiper. 


A nice bright meadow pipit was worth a look. 


The water rail was foraging in the undergrowth; I don't know that I don't prefer seeing them like that, rather than in the open.


The Cetti's was his usual bustling self, bursting into song frequently but always when I'd just given up and turned the camera off.


I heard three Cetti's singing in various branches of the Roundmoor Ditch (one to the west of the bend in the stream, among the willows in the damp boundary hedgerow), so there are at least seven on site. At least ten snipe were on East Marsh and a pair of shoveler was present.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?