Monday, March 25, 2013


I had time for a quick walk this afternoon, and as there were no birds I whipped a Waitrose carrier bag out of my pocket and picked up some rubbish.

This was the oddest thing. Someone feeding their cat? Later: probably bait. They use a tin of fish to catch other fish. Very intelligent.


I should think the selection of beer cans represented more makes than even Greger knows. As most of them were in the thick of the hawthorns I couldn't reach them. I fished one glass jar out of the water, but otherwise I concentrated on plastic, as that can be harmful to wildlife. You have to watch it though because a bit of brightly coloured plastic may be a bag containing dog poo - several of these had been ranged round the picnic tables, while some had been thoughtfully placed at the foot of the information boards. These people really are charmers!

There is a large rubbish bin at the entrance to the car park. Yet people drive in, stuff their faces and then throw the trash into the bushes - or just drop it out of their car window. I really can't grasp what is going on in their tiny little minds. 

Here's my pathetic effort. The bin when I opened it was full of large black bin-liners containing goodness knows what. I'm pretty sure they weren't full of stuff from the Jubo since the place is still filthy. It probably gets used as a convenient mini-tip.   


I did this today because of what Greger saw yesterday. Walking into Maidenhead, he was crossing the Mill Lane field when he encountered a couple of families picking up litter on the banks of the Jubo, and on the long straight footpath that runs past the gas-holder. I decided to stop moaning and follow their example. (Mind you, I'm still going to moan.)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?