Wednesday, July 31, 2013


A late-afternoon visit to the flood brought nothing. I couldn't believe how much it had shrunk since yesterday. A grey wagtail near the weir was my first for ages. I  then walked upstream to Monument Hill. I went out onto the common intending to cut across to my car, but on impulse walked back along the hedgerow to view the flood once more.

Glad I did, because four dunlin were feeding on the far side. For once I had my scope, so I had great views and could also rest the camera on it. This might have lessened camera shake, but I couldn't make the sun come out.



The dunlin were put up once by noisy, hysterical Canada geese. They flew off over the Jubilee River with many a hoarse "treep" but soon came back.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?