Wednesday, November 13, 2013


I woke early this bright frosty morning and was off down to the wetlands by seven. A solitary golden plover was soaking up the sun - the first I've seen this winter.   


Also on Plover Island were three brown streaky birds, adopting a hunched posture as they foraged in the vegetation. I had only my bins but I'm fairly sure they were skylarks.

The flood was still partly hidden by mist. A flock of grey geese, thirty strong, went over to the south-east and seemed to be going down beyond the common. Greylags probably, although in some bad pics I clicked off their heads looked dark. Checking later on the fields between Eton Wick and the River Thames, I could find only 50+ Egyptian geese.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?