Saturday, January 18, 2014


Burnham Beeches

I parked on East Burnham Common and walked back to the more interesting parts of the woods.

Chaffinches drove me mad by constantly streaming up into mature beeches when I inadvertently disturbed them. They were almost impossible to see on the ground, and not much easier in the trees, thanks to the poor light. But I did eventually spot a brambling. 


Seven redpolls in Egypt Woods were an improvement on the two I saw near the moat last time. Later on, looking in an old area for them in Burnham Beeches, I found a flock of fifteen. These seven are part of the Beeches flock.


Bullfinches were seen well, and a great spotted woodpecker foraged on the ground. But so far this year I'm not having any lesser-spot luck.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?