Wednesday, January 15, 2014


Greger waited at home this morning for roofers who didn't arrive. Can't blame them - still too wet. I needed to go to Sainsbury's so on the way I took a walk along the Jubo to the floods.

Three green sandpipers were among moorhens and lapwings on the far side - I post this as a 'quantity' record shot.     


Something put them all up and after a zip round the field they landed again in much the same place.

An island has reappeared on East Marsh; and the weir might have been slightly less thunderous, but the little bush at the bottom of the fish ladder has gone. Again, no water birds were feeding just downstream of the weir.

Twenty-one waders were up in the air above West Marsh; presumably snipe. I went home a bit more cheerful; I'd had a wader fix.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?