Tuesday, February 25, 2014


As you approach Burnham along Taplow Common Road, there is a pull-in by a farm gate where a track leads to the houses on The Gore. I glanced over as we drove past this morning as I always do, because I used to play there as a kid; but I was quite unprepared for what I thought I saw. 

We turned and went back and sure enough found a dead horse, which had almost certainly been dumped from a vehicle.


Greger reported it at Stomp Road Police Station and was astounded to find that of the three officers present, not one was a local or had any local knowledge. He had to draw a little map to show them the location! Anyway, they kindly called back later to say that someone had already informed the RSPCA directly, and that they were dealing with the carcass.

The poor thing looked emaciated; but apparently, neglect of horses and ponies has become commonplace since the recession, and I suppose it's highly unlikely that these particular owners will ever be traced.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?