Tuesday, July 01, 2014


It was a beautiful morning, though crisp. I did my old walk round Ardmair Point and put half a dozen dunlin to flight along the edge of the waves.  


The vole was in the tangle of grass out the back of the chalet, snapped through the window. It had a fairly short tail and looked greyer than the bank voles I've seen, so it was probably a field vole.


An oystercatcher landed on the roof of the neighbouring chalet this afternoon, making a nice change from squabbling house sparrows. 


The annoying thing is that Greger came home from the house with the news that he had driven through the camp-site - and all the Germans had left. I wanted to see them go, but they must have headed south. (Life is fairly quiet here. The sight of a large convoy of German camper vans going up the road would have cheered me up no end.)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?