Wednesday, July 09, 2014


Yesterday: I'm into the fourth week of the flu, but I was able to rest at home on Monday as the builders were working elsewhere. However they were due back on Tuesday so I drove out to Achnahaird for the day. 

It was warm in the sun and some people were swimming! The glaucous gull was there, picking at something that I had taken to be a bunch of seaweed; but before I could find out what it really was the heavens opened, and along with almost everyone else I hurried back to the car park.


When the rain stopped I walked in the other direction, along the cliff-tops towards Reiff. I saw stonechats, ravens, fulmars, and black guillemots; but not the Arctic skuas I was hoping for. I made my way down into a rocky cove, and as I sat having my lunch two eiders with chicks of varying sizes came in close and a merganser sailed by with three well-grown youngsters.

And when I got home the naughty builders hadn't turned up, so poor Greger stayed in all day for nothing. I'd had my mobile switched off because it wasn't fully charged, so he couldn't contact me. He gave up having a "thin" day and we went out for dinner at the Argyll Hotel, where I got quite merry on my half of a bottle of red wine.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?