Thursday, March 12, 2015


I took my newly-repaired car for a tentative local drive, carefully avoiding all pot-holes. Two new springs have been fitted at the front - £150. Not bad.

Driving along West Terrace and looking down on Loch Broom, I noticed a bunch of small birds in one of the sallows at the end of the camp-site. When I got out of the car I could hear their constant twittering. The twite are back!



I counted 29 altogether and took a bit of video to record the twittering - but they were too far away, and before I could get my stuff together and walk down to the loch-side, they had flown off in a skipping flock towards the river mouth. Walking down to look at the trees, I could see the furry white catkins just emerging which give them their popular name of pussy willow.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?