Sunday, August 09, 2015


After a stormy night, I reckoned that the waders might still be grounded at Achnahaird; and I drove out there at 8.30 this morning. Battling my way across the low cliffs to the beach against an incredible wind from the south (down the beach towards the sea), I could see quite a few oystercatchers still on the far side. A glaucous gull was with them.

I made my way to the back of the beach along the dunes, and could soon see loads of sanderling with (probably) slightly lower numbers of dunlin. I felt like a fox in a hen-house. I didn't know where to look, or point the camera, next. The sanderling seemed to be mostly adults.



On the sheep fields beyond the houses, there were six black-tailed godwits.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?