Wednesday, September 09, 2015


We're having a late summer in the Highlands, and I would normally be speeding out to Achnahaird; but I'm trying to get my knee better with ice packs and rest. Today I went out the back to stand in the sun for a while; I could hear the excited chattering of lots of small birds, but could see nothing. As I walked back to the door, a dark shape glided silently by me, low down, and swooped up to alight on the garage roof. It was a sparrowhawk.


It remained on the roof for some time while I clicked off some shots. The hawk must have been aware of my presence, but maybe the chance of a meal was more important than any threat I might pose. However, in the end it disappeared when I had to shift my position. I stayed there for a while, and eventually about a dozen long-tailed tits and two larger birds emerged from the rowan tree and flew away.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?