Tuesday, March 26, 2019


Village birds: The black guillemot was diving near West Shore today on a choppy sea whipped up by a cold west wind.


The Iceland gull was again around the harbour yesterday, coming so close so fast that I failed to get it in the centre of the frame, and also failed to get some of it in the frame at all!


Can I really give up these gorgeous birds - and others - to move south again? Indecision, indecision - it's marked my entire life. (Or do I mean indecisiveness? Can't make up my mind which.)

Coigach three days ago - and a goldeneye has his coiffure disarranged by the very cold wind.


A grey wagtail flying away as I drove into the beach car park was an Achnahaird tick. The previous day, I'd seen my first grey wagtails of the year in a very different setting - on the banks of the Blackwater River from the lovely sheltered forest trail where I'd been hoping for a crested tit.


The male was very vocal, and eventually flew off downstream with a female.

Meanwhile - a wheatear was reported from Stoer yesterday. Hooray! The birds are coming, spring is coming, everything's gonna be all right!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?