Monday, December 09, 2019


Down among the tree-roots and stumps on the exposed bed of Loch Glascarnoch, snow buntings were foraging.


I knew they were there because I'd caught a lucky glimpse as they flew up from the the water's edge - and I'd only pulled into the lay-by on my way home to see if I'd dropped my glove there earlier while watching whooper swans.



There were at least 22 buntings, and they made my day. I'd walked up into the plantation earlier and drawn a blank for black grouse (my only sighting a distant reed bunting), and then driven on to Silverbridge, where I'd failed to locate anything at all!

A friendly "toot" made me turn to see Greger drive by, on his way to Inverness for his Spanish class.


If this were pre-1950s, he would be driving along this road.


And the journey would no doubt take a bit longer. As for the lost glove, it was in my car all the time - but I'm glad I didn't find it before pulling into the lay-by and spotting the snow buntings!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?