Saturday, February 20, 2021

Yesterday: Greger had his first jab - and then we went for a leisurely stroll to the camp-site. The godwit was still there.


A striking male reed bunting was seen at a distance on the bull park, and on the way back a second bird was feeding on the path ahead. It seemed a little puffed up and reluctant to fly, so I hope it isn't suffering from the same condition as the lethargic siskin in our garden a while ago.


Today, Greger's a bit tired and headachy - possibly side effects of the vaccination; so I went for a walk alone and found the bar-tailed godwit still in the company of oystercatchers on the camp-site. I tried hard to see what they were feeding on, but they were too quick for me. Starlings are also feasting there, and I know they love leatherjackets. The Iceland gull was far out on the quayside so I made a not-very-good landscape shot of it.


Yesterday morning a male sparrowhawk was sitting on a fence out the back, so I raced through the bungalow and just as I returned with the camera he flew off. Typical.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?