Wednesday, April 28, 2021

 A redpoll on the feeder was a first for the year.


As the tide dropped, a greenshank was feeding with a dunlin and several ringed plover on the spit.


Also present: oystercatchers, turnstone, and a common sandpiper.

At last - twite! A dozen or so birds were on the camp-site - a fair exchange for the snow buntings.


Along West Shore this wagtail was too wary for a closer pic. This is the palest grey mantle I've seen yet, but I've seen pics of individuals with darker grey upperparts which are still said to be white wagtails. I'm beginning to lose the will to live.


Several wheatears were seen along the beach, and loads of sand martins dipped and soared over the waves. A large fish jumped out of the water at one point; was it being chased or was it, too, flycatching? A cuckoo was heard from Morefield ( heard yesterday also), but I was too tired to retrace my steps.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?