Saturday, September 25, 2021

It was a scary wake-up this morning when I rolled over and opened my eyes to find the room sliding to the right. Nothing would stay still. I've had this once before, years ago in Sweden. We were camping on the west coast, and I wanted to clamber up a bank and see the sea; the evening sun was in my eyes, and as I pulled myself up by holding onto a tree branch I failed to see another branch above me - and whammed straight into it with my head. It was a very cold night in the tent, but I was okay next morning; it was the morning after that, back home, that I woke up to find myself exactly as I did today. This time, I haven't hit my head as far as I know - but I am always cold!

It gradually wore off, and by midday I felt well enough to go out for a bit of local birding. Ardmair produced nothing but a couple of ravens, until a white-tailed sea eagle appeared above the camp-site.


The plumage seems to be neither first summer nor full adult - so it's probably not one of the local family.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?