Wednesday, September 15, 2021

Between showers mid-afternoon, I drove down to Rhue. On the far side of what I think is Annat Bay, a lot of splashing resolved into leaping dolphins - common, I presume, although some fins seemed bigger than others. But then, they were a long way away.


The horizon gradually disappeared in mist and the rain began again. In worsening light, I caught a very brief glimpse of a nicely marked gull quite a way out, dipping to the water and then settling for a few seconds. I lost it, then saw it again flying up the loch. Against a grey, moist background the gull could not be focused on - and finally I lost it against the blurred far shore. I must go out tomorrow and search for it, because I think it could be a Sabine's gull in summer plumage.


The only other notable bird was a razorbill - a rare sighting for me this summer - among the guillemots.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?