Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Despite a forecast for snow (or perhaps because of it) I drove up the Dirrie More to see if any snow buntings had come down from the hills; but in fact the snow showers didn't amount to much, and the only birds I saw on the dam were a handful of pied wagtails. I snapped some behaviour as the birds strutted about on one or other of the walls, their bills in the air.



The calls of greenshanks were heard and I spotted one bird flying along the loch, and then a second one landing on a rock. This is a new species for me on Loch Glascarnoch - although I thought I heard a distant call in May 2018, when we set off to climb Am Faochagach.


Soon after this, dark clouds came in from the east and I set off for home - where, Greger said, they'd also had a snow shower.  

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?