Wednesday, March 09, 2022

It's been a drizzly sort of day so it was no sacrifice to stay in and get some housework done. I now feel very virtuous. Yesterday I got out late and drove south to see if I could find some snow buntings.  I failed to find any, but returning over the high moorland before the long descent to Loch Broom, I was surprised by a bird flying low along the road towards me, and slowed down. As it peeled off to the side I could see that it was a lapwing; it showed quite well on the clip from my dash-cam, but a snap from the computer screen was not very successful.


I'm still posting it though. Not only was it about the only bird visible on those bleak, windy moors today, but it was also my first lapwing of the year - an unexpected and welcome sighting.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?