Thursday, May 19, 2022

I was about to turn on the shower when a loud, repeated  tapping came from above; and I could just see a large bill at the bottom of the skylight. It was quite a comical sight so I grabbed a towel, climbed out of the bath, and fetched my camera. By the time I'd gone back into the bathroom, the gull had stepped onto the glass itself.


It had stopped tapping but was casting quizzical looks downwards. "It's your own reflection, dopey!" I yelled. But it took quite a lot of shouting and waving of arms before the gull lifted off and flew away. The daftest herring gull on the west coast, and we have to get it on our roof!

Greger's only just shown me the pics he took on his smart phone during the pelagic. Coming back up with his morning coffee, he was amused to find me on my own on deck with a threatening cloud above.


Good job we had brighter weather for the homeward trip!  

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?