Monday, May 29, 2023

A walk up the quarry road in windy sunshine brought narrow-bordered bee hawk-moths, nectaring on bird'sfoot trefoil.



A cuckoo was calling unseen from nearby birches and there were still plenty of willow warblers singing, but once again I drew a blank with wood warbler.

Yesterday: We went to the Coigach area, enjoying what was possibly our last outing in the Toyota before Greger sells it. I never liked SUVs until we had one, but I must admit that sitting high up as a passenger is very useful for birdwatching! Oh dear, is this another victim of avian flu?


No, just a bonxie having a bath on Loch Vatachan and soon the right way up again!


On the way out we stopped at the plantation pool so that I could worship once more at the shrine of the bogbean; only this time, I snapped instead some bog cotton - as white and pure as a ptarmigan feather.


Last week I was struck down quite suddenly by what seemed at the time like flu - only for it to end just as suddenly three days later. As flu with me generally lasts for a couple of weeks, it was a delight to get out and about again so soon, and only a minor inconvenience that no new birds were added for the year.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?