Sunday, August 27, 2023

As my car is still "hiccoughing" I stayed local, driving to Ardmair in the afternoon for a walk round by the chalets and along the beach. Quite far out on the spit close to a handful of large gulls stood a small white bird with its head tucked back - a juvenile common tern, I think.


It's not a very good photo but it's miles better than two distant pictures I took of a juvenile tern here in October 2017. Looking at those pictures now, however, I am a bit more confident in saying that they also show a juvenile common tern.

From the lay-by and through my bins, I spotted some common dolphins far out towards Annat Bay.


The dolphins were moving down the loch and after a while only the odd splash indicated their progress.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?