Tuesday, January 23, 2024

A morning visit to Ardmair in persistent wind and rain brought no white-winger, so I went home for lunch. I returned in slightly drier conditions but it was still very gusty, and most of the gulls remained over by the fish farm. I didn't feel like walking to the spit (which only gets you marginally closer anyway) so I stayed in the car and began to take some pictures of a black guillemot, even though it was a long way out. Suddenly, something bigger seemed to erupt from the water and eclipse the guillemot, which streaked away in panic.


I thought it was the head of a seal or an otter, but the picture I took just after this one shows a great northern diver! A kestrel was hunting along the beach, and a bunch of geese in the sheep fields appeared to be all greylags. Oh well: as Scarlett O'Hara said, "Tomorrow is another day."

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?