Monday, January 22, 2024

Despite the wind and the rain and after a morning of domestic jobs, I visited Ardmair and watched the usual gulls dip-feeding from the car. Then I spotted a beautiful white-winger among them, which flew along the beach towards the camp-site. I'd turned and parked so that I could watch and snap from the car, but that meant I couldn't get out of the door - the wind was too strong - and I managed just a couple of shots while twisting awkwardly round in my seat before the gull disappeared.


There are features that suggest it might have been a glaucous, but I'm not sure. However it was great to see a new white-winger, which almost glowed against the dark sea. Tomorrow, I'll get my priorities right and go out early to look for it again, leaving household tasks until later.

Yesterday, we took a walk at Loch Glascarnoch that was part slush, part ice - and saw a pair of mallards. And that was it.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?