Monday, August 05, 2024

On a recent visit to the eternal bogs I lost my car key. Greger came to the rescue, finding the spare key in my bedside drawer and driving up to the Braes to deliver it. The following day we walked my route again; we couldn't find the key - but we did hear crossbill calls, and then saw one flying over. Still hoping for an azure hawker as well as another northern emerald, I returned this afternoon but failed to find either of the dragonflies or the lost key. Blast! It'll cost £89 to get a new one cut at Timpson; I wouldn't mind if the car was newish, but it might conk out forever this year and, unless I lose the key again, that'll be £89 wasted. 

Meanwhile, a common hawker, landing on a pine trunk in the sun.....


.....and a handful of crossbills in the distance (with some brief singing) were ample compensation.

It was nice to know the crossbills were still around.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?