Thursday, October 08, 2026

A moth looking like a dead leaf on the bungalow wall was snapped awkwardly through the bedroom window this morning; I've since identified it as an angle shades - although rather dark, so possibly a melanistic form.

The sunny weather after so much rain called me out to Achnahaird, where I found just one small flock of waders composed seemingly of c10 ringed plovers and just two sanderling. But hang on - wasn't there something smaller there?


A little stint - exactly what I'd been hoping for when we saw the Baird's sandpiper (?) back in September!




Two wary golden plover were spotted on the grassy area towards the houses, but I couldn't see anything else. Badentarbat was even quieter, with just a handful of Eider ducks near the shoreline and an overflying buzzard. I was amused to see a gathering of great black-backs on Loch Vatachan - a sure sign that the bonxies have gone!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?